Blog | Tips and Advice from 81up
10 inspirational quotes to help you through tough days
Tough days – we all have them. As business owners and entrepreneurs, we’re very emotionally connected to what we do. This means that a setback can really knock us about.
We’ve asked each team member here at Shockwave to put forward their favourite quotes that they use to pick them up when they’re feeling down. Here’s our pick of the bunch:
- “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” – Kevin Kruse
“You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
- “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” – Melinda Gates
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
As we said, we all have tough days. If you’ve been having a few too many rough days in business lately, reach out to our Shockwave business coaches and give us the chance to help you out. Call us on (03) 9016 0428 and we’ll be in touch to organise a complimentary coaching session.